A. Governing Body
Chairperson : Chief Secretary/Development Commissioner
Co-Chair : Development Commissioner
Vice-Chair : Principal/Secretary (Health & Family Welfare)
Convener : Officer designated as Mission Director of State Health Mission
- Secretaries of the NRHM related Departments: Health & FW, Finance, AYUSH, Women and Child Development, Public Health Engineering, Water and Sanitation, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, Tribal/SC Welfare, Urban Affairs and Planning and Programme Implementation.
DHS, Director AYUSH
- GoI representative(s): MoHFW nominee.
- Representatives of Development Partners supporting the NRHM in the State
- Nominated non-official members: Four to six members (Public Health Professionals, MNGO representatives/ representatives of Medical Associations)
- Regional Directors
Frequency of meetings: At least once in every six months Ordinary Business of the Governing Body Meeting:
- Approval / endorsement of Annual State Action Plan for the NRHM.
Consideration of proposals for institutional reforms in the H&FW sector.
- Review of implementation of the Annual Action Plan.
- Inter-sectoral co-ordination: all NRHM related sectors and beyond (e.g. administrative reforms across the State).
- Status of follow up action on decisions of the State Health Mission.
- Co-ordination with NGOs/Donors/other agencies/organisations.