MMU & RT
MOBILE MEDICAL UNIT
Taking health care to the doorsteps is the principle behind this initiative and is intended to reach underserved areas. Under National Health Mission (NHM), provision of Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) in each District is one of the strategies to improve access. The Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) under NHM in Meghalaya aims to take primary health care needs / medical care services to the doorstep of people in rural areas of the state giving due importance to the hard to reach areas. MMU provide access to basic health care which otherwise would require people to travel long distances. All services are provided free of cost to people under the NHM initiative. In Meghalaya, so far only 7 districts have been allotted with 3 vehicles Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) equipped with diagnostic facilities such as portable X-ray machines, microscopes, ECG equipment, Ultrasound machine and generators.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India supports the programme financially under NHM scheme.
- Director of Health Services (MCH&FW), NHM, Government of Meghalaya monitors the performance of service delivery of MMUs.
- District Health Societies manage the daily operations of MMU including monthly field plans.
- MMU team comprising of one Medical Officer, two nurses, two technicians, one helper and three drivers, delivers the services.
- Target beneficiaries are for the hard to reach areas.
- MMUs Vehicle Detail.
- MMU Reports
- MMU Micro Plan